Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tea - Time over here in Selangor. It's a hot weather. The sun is shining.

One day, my relatives came to my house to visit and bring us goodies ( a hamper ) for Chinese New Year. We had already bought Goreng Pisang and Goreng ubi keledek as well as Curry Puffs and we were enjoying our tea conversation over sundaes and coffee and teh tarik and juice. My aunt was quite a well-off lady who married a good and caring husband and both of them are working. Currently, my aunt has since retired, like me but doing her own part-time business to boost up her pocket-money.

We were discussing about the future of our children and the coming generations. Most girls want to work now, earn an income, drive a car, career-orientated, with a steady flow of income to support her family, her own needs and later support her future incoming family and raising children. Money seems to play a very important role in our lives these days and when money is lacking, arguments arise, quarrels abrupt and torment your marriage.

I was recalling those days , olden days when women has to stay at home and cook, take care of their children, babies, old folks and family members; now it seems that girls are all out there working , and accounting for their own lifes and expensive needs. Actually, I don't blame them. I would do the same if I am put into such a situation by my family.

In this new era, the family has to have a strong hold on the food storage, especially when both husband and wife are working. Mothers-in-laws come in and also maternal mothers and paternal fathers chipped in to help. It all depends on where and which family you're born and raised. Babies are so much to handle these days and nursery centers and baby-sitters are not to be accountable or reliable. One just has to keep an eye on all things. That's where the tele-communication media comes in handy. Hand phones. Cell-phones.Anything to connect and relate.

I believe that fate brings one man and one woman together. Fate also puts you where you work whole day ,whole night. Your destiny has already been written since the day you were borned. The gender deal. The family's decision , the money power and the number of heads. Take it as it comes. Deal with it competently. Success comes easy for those who strive. I didn't sit long enough in my office because the job is not mine. My work is at home with my babies, with my family , with my spouse. That's was the reason why I gave up my job. Not because I didn't sit long enough to enjoy the fruits of my labour, but my priorities set me this path.

I don't blame my mothers. The baby's mine. I take care of it. The allowance I will buy milk ,diapers, baby products and motherhood needs. I had what it takes to be a Mom. A full-time labour mom. I hardly sleeps at night and I take care of my children's needs and the family meals. Dinner time and bed time. Artificially boring.

You don't have to deny , you sweep the floor everyday, mop the floors everyday, do the laundry, hang out the clothes to dry, and toilet cleaning. I mostly enjoyed my quiet time and my Bathing Time. Don't arouse my mood until the time is right........Clean the rooms and make the bed......what about your kid's homework????
Well Done, elaine.

I'll take over when the time is right. Home Sweet Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment